The gym & kitchen are available for rent for private functions under the following conditions.
Reserve. To reserve your date,
- You MUST call the parish office during ordinary business hours and speak with Kathryn Bernert (503-281-6461). Business hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 am - 3 pm.
- Your reservation is conditional upon receipt of a reservation deposit of $200. If we do not receive your reservation deposit within ten days, your reservation will be deleted from our system.
- Your reservation deposit will be credited toward your balance owed.
- If you cancel your reservation, your reservation deposit, less $50 administration fee, will be refunded.
- You cannot reserve the gym/kitchen for your event by talking with any other staff person.
Explanation of costs:
- Rent. This is the fee you pay to use the facility. The non-parishioner rate is $200 per hour. You will be charged for the entire time of your reservation, which includes set up prior to your event and clean up after your event. However, the total rent will not exceed $600.
- Cleaning. This is the cost to have the facility cleaned after your use. Non-parishioners must pay this fee. Parishioners must make a deposit of this amount, and will forfeit the deposit if the facility is not adequately cleaned after the event.
- Damage Deposit. You are responsible for any damage caused by anyone in your party. Your damage deposit will be used to cover these damages. If damages exceed your deposit, you will be charged the appropriate additional amount. Your damage deposit will be returned to you if there are no damages.
- Setup / reset. This is the fee to have tables and chairs setup in the manner in which you desire, and to have them taken down. All renters must pay this fee.
- Key. If we issue a key, you must pay a $25 deposit which will be refunded to you upon return of the key.
- Monitor. This is the fee for us to hire a person to be present at your event throughout the reservation period. All renters must pay this fee.
- ALL DEPOSITS must be received one week prior to rental date. If deposits are not received, your reservation will be cancelled. Your damage deposit and cleaning deposit will be returned to you within two weeks after your rental date if the facility does not require extra cleaning and/or has not sustain damage.
- REMAINING BALANCE must be paid within one week after your rental date.
Care and Responsibility. All renters are expected to:
- Leave the facility in as good a condition, or better, than how you found it.
- Monitor ALL of your participants at ALL times, including children.
- Remain in the gym and kitchen at ALL times. Your rental agreement does not include use of other rooms in the building, or the east/west hallway of the school wing.
- Conclude your event one hour prior to the end of your reservation, allowing sufficient time for clean-up.
- Respond immediately and courteously to any requests made by your rental monitor.
- Remove all trash to the outside bins. Replace plastic liners in trash cans.
- Vacate the building at the end of your rental reservation, leaving the building with all doors closed, lock, and secured.
Forbidden. The following activities are absolutely forbidden by all persons:
- Smoking anywhere inside the building.
- Alcohol consumption anywhere inside or outside on the St. Charles campus. (Exception granted with appropriate liquor permit and insurance waiver—applies only to inside the gym. Alcohol consumption is NEVER permitted in the parking lot.)
- Excessive noise from amplified music or other sources. (Keep the gym doors closed out of respect for others in the building as well as neighbors across the street.)